Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Volume 1

I thought I'd try and send y'all weekly updates (or at least semi weekly) and I'll call it the weekly poop.

Memphis news:
With my first update I'll tell you that things are going fairly well back in Memfrica. We have re-elected the biggest turd of a mayor in mayoral history, then he promptly gave himself an 11 thousand dollar raise (God knows he DESERVES to get paid more than the governor). We have the highest rate of violent crime in America (Yes!!) and Evidently Ophelia Ford wasn't really drunk when she fell off the bar stool in Nashville......She had a stroke.....Wait, did I say A stroke? Make that, 2 strokes. Ah Ophelia, I feel ya, dog.
Ashley has decided to leave the Cardiology Fellowship, but have no fear, it looks as though she can get a good position with private practice here in Memphis or even just get random shifts in the ER. Either way, we'll be doing just fine and maybe I can start seeing some of that sugar momma crap come to fruition. I'm almost done with my thesis and hopefully I can knock it out by the end of the month. That will leave me about a month and a half to present and defend my thesis and finally graduate. Just in time to start studying for the PE!! Will the tests never end?

Louisiana news:
Ashley and I went to LA for the weekend for a visit, a football game and a chance for Ash to unwind after studying for her board exams. She said the exam was ok. (now try and follow) Day 1 part 1 was not bad; Day 1 part 2 was a bitch, Day 2 part 1 was better than Day 1 part 1; and Day 2 part 2 sucked like the day is long. If you can understand that rambling explanation I'll send YOU a certificate.
On the way down to LA we had a car failure. Ashley's British shitbox decided it didn't need suspension about 1.5 hrs down the road in the geographic center of nowhere. So Air Suspension took a nap, and we decided to fight on through the driving rain. To make a long and marginally interesting story short, we made it to Marksville at about 2 am. I had never been so excited to see that broken wagon wheel in all my life. I can see why the founders of that town said screw it and just settled, since I now know what it feels like to ride in a wooden cart for hours on end.

More LA news and Football recaps:
We spent a day in LA car shopping, went fishing at Uncle LJ's house (Dr. Duck) and we caught about 30 bass (Vic won with 15), we caught a HS football game and I learned how to make cracklin'. Saturday we drove to Baton Rouge (Red Stick for those who don't speak French) to see LSU beat Auburn in dramatic fashion. We left the stadium at half time bc Keith was having a back spasm and our seats were so close we couldn't see over Auburn's team. We went home to watch on TV and I fell asleep before the end.
The game in Oxford was by all accounts a bloodbath. We got spanked 44-8 and the ass-kickings didn;t stop on the field. Our halftime fireworks (in the daytime!) whooped our scoreboard’s ass so bad that it didn't play in the second half, and I heard two Arkansas girls got into a jerry springer style hair pull in the grove.
WE ARE.....OLE MISS!!
I won’t tell you the Steelers game recap in case you're waiting to see it. I will just tell you that the Pats are awesome and I'm still not sure about us, but we are in first place in the AFC north.

I'll leave you with one last steamer.....
There's a chance albeit a slim one that we could be going to Virginia for a while. Evidently, Patrick Wales was on a project that uncovered the largest uranium deposit in North America right in his back yard, and the guy they did the work for is looking to mine it. Patrick is officially the 4th guy into this newly formed company and he feels confident he can get me a spot with him. I sent him a resume and I guess we'll see where it goes. If nothing else maybe I can use it as a bargaining chip for a raise.

Be Safe, and I'll see if I can't do this again next week.

No comments: