I apologize for the poop’s uncomfortable irregularity, but we were out of town until late Tuesday night, and I’m kinda swamped at work right now. I figured I could squeeze out a quick one now and try to get my poops back on some type of schedule next week.
Weekly Words of Wisdom
“If A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.”
-Albert Einstein
An Offer Ashley Couldn’t Refuse
As you all know, we took a trip to Baton Rouge this past weekend where Ashley was interviewing for a job at Our Lady of the Lake Hospital. To make a long story short, Ashley got a great offer and we’re moving to Red Stick later this year. We don’t know when exactly the move will occur, but I’m guessing late July or early August. The town is very nice once you get past all that LSU crap (just kidding) (not really) (no, seriously just kidding…maybe). I got to see the hospital on Monday which was very impressive and we had a very nice lunch and Parrain’s. After a nice but fairly low-key night out for Cinco de Mayo that was topped off with some awesome Cane’s, we got down to business. Ashley went to do her serious interviews and I went to visit family and drive around the town a little.
I feel like I got a decent feel for Baton Rouge and I saw a few nice houses for sale. Unfortunately, people in the BR don’t believe in putting actual information in the “Info tubes” in front of houses they’re selling. No matter, I still got a good handle on finding stuff in Baton Rouge after getting a little lost. The Stick is broken up into “towns” with themed street names for organizational purposes. For instance, the Neighborhood called “College Town” has streets all named for universities (Princeton Street, Stanford Street, etc.) While in this area I was given a sign from God mandating that we move to BR and into a very nice college town house. What other than divine intervention could possibly lead an Ole Miss alumnus married to an LSU alumna to a house in Baton Rouge located at the corner of Oxford St and LSU Ave? Now if God sends me the winning lotto numbers, I can afford the house and complete the mission he so graciously bestowed upon me.
Next, I went to what I can only assume is called Calendar Town where all the streets are named after months to look at a house we had seen on the interweb. It’s a nice place and surprisingly cheap compared to some other places we’d seen (about $40/sqft cheaper). I couldn’t figure out why it was so low until I ended in Map Town just over the hill. Just like in Memphis; if you find yourself on a street named after a state haul ass out of there. It was rough and there were a bunch of dudes wandering around like zombies and eyeing me with that “I’m gonna carjack yo cracka ass if you get caught by that red light” look.
After my daring escape from the hood, I was tired of driving and skipped my trip to Catfish Town, which worked out well since Ashley called shortly thereafter to have me pick her up and give me the good news.
Well kids, I gotta run and do some work so I can actually get out of here at some point today. I spoke with my advisor while I was gone and we’ve set a tentative date for my defense and I have a few new edits for my thesis. Then I have to get my power point in a presentable state before May 19. All this and BBQ Fest, a going away party this Saturday; Yeah I’m busy.
Y’all have a good, safe week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment